Sunday, June 14, 2015

FT Island is Life

I guess everyone has that one thing that is there to inspire them. Music; Movies; A Person; Literally anything in the universe can be ones inspiration. As for me, its through Music.
Not just any music, but FT Island's music! Because of them, I now see music as life, my source of energy. Yes! They are FT Island.
And I guess you are curious to know who are they? Well, they are a Korean Rock Band consists of 5 members! (A lot might think: Arghh! Not K-pop again. Well, they are Koreans but no, this ain't k-pop, this is Music!)

에프티 아일랜드 (FT Island)

Intro from Right to Left

최종훈 (Choi Jong Hoon)

♥ Leader
♥ Guitarist and Pianist
♥ Composer and Lyricist
♥ Actor

이홍기 (Lee Hong Ki)

♥ Lead Vocalist
♥ Composer and Lyricist
♥ Actor
♥ SkullHong's Creative Director (Fashion Brand)

최민환 (Choi Min Hwan)

♥ Drummer
♥ Composer and Lyricist
♥ YouTube TV Host

이재진 (Lee Jae Jin)

♥ Vocalist
♥ Bassist
♥ Composer and Lyricist
♥ Actor

송승현 (Song Seung Hoon)

♥ Vocalist
♥ Guitarist
♥ Composer and Lyricist
♥ Actor

FT Island have struggled for 8 years and all they wanted was to produce their own music! Those 8 years aren't all good moments, they succeed, they fall, they were controlled, they are ignored, they are neglected and they got back up every single time!
And now, they are Back! STRONGER than ever, doing the music they love and have always wanted! Although their company is not giving the support they should, but FT will not give up!
Reporters asked why "I Will"? Hong Ki (Lead Vocalist) said: 'It was actually named "We Will" but we decided to change to "I Will" because we want our fans and those who listen to the album to fulfil their dreams as well.'
If you already know them please continue to support them, if you don't, please give them a chance to show you what they are capable of! You might not feel anything but you might also feel otherwise!
Music has no limits, and language is certainly not a barrier. You might not be crazy in love but, who knows the result might surprise you as well.
You may fall for them without you even noticing! That, is the power of REAL MUSIC! ♥

I have been into FT Island's music for 4 years and their music is still touching my soul as I first started loving them. This is the most incredible feelings I got from music, a lot might think I am childish for liking a Korean Band and I can't deny that actually.
Cause I am really strict when it comes to FT Island, I will not listen to their music (new songs especially) if I am not able to listen to it peacefully or not being able to enjoy every single note the band played or sung. I also can't stand other people giving false accusations about them without knowing who they are. So, I guess I am that protective when it comes to FT Island.

I remembered a line from a recent drama call Prince of Prince (Jong Hoon's new short drama), it says:
"To every single person, there must be something so precious to themselves that others might not understand why. And because it is so meaningful and precious to you, you wouldn't want other people to know its existence.
Then later on, you would be afraid that people might misunderstand you so you kept it hidden deep inside. ㅡ Hiang Dan"

This is just so me! Although I am proud to be a Primadonna (FT Island's Fandom name), but I could never simply introduce them to my friends or families unless they show interest, then I will keep blabbing about them non-stop LOL
I never knew why, but now I know. Its because they are too precious to me, I never though someone that I have never met would mean so much. They aren't my families or close friends, so I never thought I would stay loyal for so long!
I am lucky enough to be in love with the music that can touch my soul, I guess that's the main reason why I am so attached to their music!

My fist FT Island song was "Don't Love". At that time, I don't know their looks and certainly don't know who are they, but this particular song changed my thoughts towards the Korean Entertainment Industry.

사랑 하지마요 (Don't Love) - FT Island

After that, I YouTubed them, Googled them. Since then, I am addicted to them. (Yes, its quite scary indeed.)

I have grown with their music and before I knew them, I never thought of being that I-am-into-Rock girl, but they changed me. Because they are a band, I started to learn to differentiate different music instruments. The Bass has one of the hardest sound to spot in a song, cause the vocal, the drum and mainly the electric guitar's sound will be layered on top of it and no joke, I really took sometime to just spot the bass's sound.
At first, I though then why have the bass if no one could spot it easily? Well, after I can, I noticed the importance of the bass, it acts as a compliment sound supporting the drum and; its the heart of the band.
Some might be curious of how the bass sounds, this video is 4 years ago I guess, its during one of FT Island's concerts.

Lee Jae Jin (The Bassist)'s Solo Performance.

FT Island brought back my passion into music and certainly my love towards singing.
They also inspired me to take up a new language, Korean. Although I did not went to classes, but I managed to learn the language at home. I bought books and asked my friends who knew Korean to give me some tips and now, I can read, speak and write Korean. Not fluent though, but I can handle normal and easy conversations.
I have already know the basics so whenever I met those people that wanted to learn Korean, I am willing to teach them the things I knew about the language and certainly about the Korean culture as well.

If its not because of FT Island. I will still be that girl who is still confused and thinking about what my passion will be and what my dreams will be.
I am not shy to say that I am Proud of having FT Island as my idol, my guide and my inspiration. I am not shy to say that I am Proud to be a Primadonna.

If anyone out there got moved by this particular writing and is curious about their music. I am willing to share some of my favourite ones from their newest album "I Will".
Actually, their title song is "Pray", I love that song too but I personally like "To The Light" more :)

To The Light - FT Island
Composer: Lee Jae Jin (Bassist)
Lyricist: Lee Jae Jin (Bassist) & Lee Hong Ki (Lead Vocalist)

I guess it would be wrong to not share any live performances. Cause another reason why I stay with FT for so long is certainly because of their A.W.E.S.O.M.E live performances! ♥
This video is from their Replay Autumn Tour 2013 in Japan. (PS: They are more popular in Japan than Korea.)

Black Chocolate (Japanese Version) - FT Island
Composer: Lee Hong Ki (Lead Vocalist)
Lyricist: Lee Hong Ki (Lead Vocalist)

After the video, if anyone is interested in the full concert, you can click the link below ♥
FT ISLAND REPLAY AUTUMN TOUR 2013 (FULL)


Written On

14 June 2015


APA Referencing

Island, F. (2015). I Will [Recorded by F. Island]. Korea, Seoul, Cheong Dam Dong.

Saranghae, P. (2015, March 15). FT Island Comeback Schedule of Releases New Teaser Image. Retrieved from Beprimadonna: https://beprimadonna.wordpress.com/2015/03/15/ftisland-comeback-schedule-of-releases-new-teaser-image/ 

FT Island- 사랑하지마요 (Don't Love) lyrics [Eng. | Rom. | Han.]. (2011, September 20). Retrieved from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViCi5MgDpF0

[Solo Stage] Lee Jae Jin 이재진- Bass performance. (2010, September 8). Retrieved from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V8kQlDr044

(FT아일랜드), F. (2015, March 16). FTISLAND - To The Light M/V (2015 KOR). Retrieved from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCgj_qWL7aU

FTISLAND-black chocolate. (2014, January 10). Retrieved from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnQYJJNjOoI

[Vietsub + Kara] FTISLAND AUTUMN TOUR 2013 - REPLAY (FULL). (2015, March 1). Retrieved from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFahUfKzsCg

No comments:

Post a Comment