Sunday, July 19, 2015

Are We So Easily Influenced?


A Cinderella Story, one of my favourite movies.
Although this is a old movie, and even if I have watched it for more than a thousand times, I cried everytime because it is just too close to reality. Movies are usually non-fiction but this is just so me I guess.
I use freak out whenever I am given the chance to do the things I liked, because I care about other people's opinion and if I get any feedback saying 'No' 'Its Bad', I don't do it no matter how much I wanted to.
But since I watched this movie, this quote keeps running around my mind and it acts as my alarm whenever I freak out at anything.
Well, okay. I won't say I am not freaking out anymore, and unfortunately I still freaked out a lot, I think too much about the right and wrong and ended up not doing it cause I am too negative. But if I am able to think about this quote, it really boosts up my confidence level, and whenever I think about this quote, I think about the movie as well.
Yes, other than this quote, the whole movie contains a lot of inspirational words and actions that an individual should have.

First is to be true yourself no matter what circumstances.
Work hard and live up to your life.
Family is not only those that are blood-related to you but those that stand by your side whenever you need them.
Never give up even when it seems like you are loosing.
Last but not least, to be positive, because sometimes fairy-tales do happen; especially when you are not aware of it.

People nowadays, especially young teens, they have confidence and everything an individual needs to survive, but not a sense of grateful was to be seen. I really do wonder why this happened, is this what society has taught them? Has our society change this drastic to have such different perspectives towards good behaviour and attitudes?
Once I remember a post on FaceBook, a 12 year old girl commited suicide because her grades flop, she died. A few days later, another girl commited suicide again because of her grades as well, this time, she got lucky cause she only had a fracture in her arm. And when these teens are not commenting suicide, they are doing sex tapes or taking nude pictures of themselves.
Arghhh, what has happened?

Is it the lack of education? Nope. Is it the lack of interest given by their parents? Well, I guess this is kinda like the main reason huh? Or the influence of Western or Korean cultures? Actually I find this reason vague and pointless.
Cause aren't your every thought suppose to be generated by you yourself? These teens have the brains to tell their parent to not mind their business cause they TOTALLY know what they are doing and not filter what is good or bad about the information they are exposed to? Isn't it funny?
Unfortunately, the teens nowadays are way too confident therefore they think what they know or believe is the only Right rule that should be followed......Hmmmm, I do wonder about the education system now. Cause I don't recall having the slightest contact with any sort of education as such though LOL

Like I said, a lot think its because of the bad influences from the Western and Korean culture, but to me I don't think its a problem with exposure to these cultures and sometimes, its even a good thing being exposed to another culture.
First, it is you yourself that decides what to believe or what to follow, if you decide to follow the bad stuff, then it is therefore your choice. But if one is being brought up with a healthy mindset, how can they be so easily influenced by these bad influences?
So, how is the unhealthy mindset built? Don't say environments, cause its again absurd as a whole lot of people who grew in a poor family or with abusive parents turned out fine but not those who were brought up in a good environment? So this point is not a fact but a thought.
Second, bad parenting or influence by peers or friends.
Okay, come on. It is not right for parents to be consistently working until their child feels neglected, but I myself grew up from a divorced family, both my parents are busy working, I barely have time to talk to my mother then and everytime I talk to my father, our conversations leads to a fight, and I can say, it ends up really bad.
So I don't agree that growing up with parents' attention are the main reasons that caused this, as relationships can be easily changed by communicating and that is how me and my parents are now.
As for peers or friends, I believe they make a bigger impact to the thoughts of teens now, cause it seems that teens now tend to believe what their friends say and will act as such too because they want to blend in to the groups. But again, these aren't small kids that are not able to analyse, their brain cells are fully developed and is capable of doing the job we known as 'thinking'.

So where is the problem now?
Environment? Education? Family? Friends? Background? Ethnics? Cultures? Or THEMSELVES?
I do wonder.......LOL

Just like the quote, "Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game".
Yes, no one should be afraid of not being able to fit in or not able to reach your goals, we are humans, we are able to make mistakes and admit we are sometimes wrong or slightly off track. But remember, never be scared of reality or loosing because its the process that really matters.
Have fun and be yourself.
Then, it will be impossible for you to be easily influenced by things that are wrong or bad. Stay strong to your own beliefs and have faith in yourself.
I am not a Christian, but hold on, cause God knows what he is doing.


Written On

19 July 2015


APA Referencing

Rosman, M. (Director). (2004). A Cinderella Story [Motion Picture]. 

No comments:

Post a Comment